Who are these guys?
These three players are part of the New York Mets player pool. Fans may have to do some research to find out more about them.
Jarrett Parker, OF – The 31-year-old was an absolute longshot to make the Mets despite his invitation to Mets spring training 1.0. His career started out better than mediocre with San Francisco from 2014-17, but injuries sidetracked him. The Giants released him after the 2017 season and since then he’s been in the Majors once. Last season with the Angels, Parker failed to register a hit in 12 at-bats. He spent the rest of the time in Triple-A.
More from New York Mets
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Get $500 in Bonus Bets to Back Yankees or Mets With PointsBet New York Promo
- PointsBet is Offering New Yorkers FIVE $50 Bonus Bets This Week For MLB, NHL, and NBA Games!
- Caesars is Offering New York’s Best Sportsbook Promo (Unlock $1,250 Bonus Today!)
Johneshwy Fargas, OF – This one I had to look up and found Johneshwy Fargas has a chance to make some appearances for the New York Mets in 2020. Fargas can fly on the base paths. Although he only has a career .331 on-base percentage in six minor league seasons, Fargas has swiped 237 bases. This year MLB has a new rule that when a game goes to extras, each inning starts with a runner on second. A perfect role for Fargas.
Patrick Mazeika, C – He will be the New York Mets fifth catcher in 2020 unless they sign another veteran. Mazeika has a lower probability of playing in a Mets game this year than Peterson.
All main roster players will workout with the Mets at CitiField. The rest will work out at the team’s alternate site which will be MCU Park in Coney Island, home of their short-season Single-A affiliate, the Brooklyn Cyclones.