Sanchez vs. Defense
Maybe it’s his glove that holds him back from receiving his due. It’s true Sanchez isn’t the best catcher in the MLB when it comes to defense. It’s also true that he has worked hard to fix it. His defense improved significantly in 2019.
To be honest, the offense Sanchez provides for the New York Yankees is too dominant to discount, for the sole reason that he’s not an elite defender. It was the same dynamic as beloved backstop Jorge Posada.
Sanchez vs. Crunch Time
More from New York Yankees
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- Caesars New York Promo Code Gives TWO Chances to Win Betting on Your Yankees!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Caesars NY Promo: $1,250 Bonus to Celebrate the Return of Judge!
- Get $500 in Bonus Bets to Back Yankees or Mets With PointsBet New York Promo
That New York Yankees 2016 post-All-Star break team had no business in any sort of playoff contention. Sanchez showed his ability to be clutch and step up when the team needed him most. It felt like deja vu, all over again in 2019.
Also, don’t fall for the narrative that he can’t hit in October. His 16 RBI over 27 postseason games would result in 96 over 162 games, and his six playoff home runs in equates to 36 bombs in 1a full season. Sanchez doesn’t fall apart in October.
It’s time that the entire baseball community gives credit to Sanchez for what he means to his club, his relevancy in the record books, and the accomplishments made over his young career.
Do you believe the criticism of New York Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez draws is unwarranted? Let us know in the comments section below or on social media.