Ranting aside, it’s inspiring to see this project start to legitimately unfold before our very eyes and much sooner than expected. Almost every analyst had the Rangers finishing seventh or eighth in the Metropolitan Division at the season’s start, not seventh or eighth in the Eastern Conference.
Ironically, in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year, the Rangers have played some of the most exciting regular season hockey, at least I have ever seen. They have done it mostly on the backs of Panarin and Zibanejad.
More from Empire Writes Back
- Caesars New York Promo Code: Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED on ANY Bet!
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- Caesars New York Promo Code Gives TWO Chances to Win Betting on Your Yankees!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Caesars NY Promo: $1,250 Bonus to Celebrate the Return of Judge!
Just think if the Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators had only known they were shedding franchise legend potential when they traded for Brandon Saad and Derick Brassard, respectively, where they would be now. I guess that’s just how it goes in this business.
If we are fortunate enough to conclude this season in some way, shape, or form, it’s reassuring to know the Rangers have a safety net of two premier point scorers to help squeak them into a playoff spot, whether or not certain ‘analysts’ will admit it. And that marks the first time I can confidently trust that, with the Blueshirts.
What’s your take of the New York Rangers deadly duo of Panarin and Zibanejad? Let us know in the comments section below or on social media.