Bullpen Dark Horse: Jonathan Loaisiga
Due to the many injuries in the New York Yankees starting rotation, Jonathan Loaisiga was in competition this spring for a back-end starting spot. With the coronavirus delay, James Paxton may not miss as much time as expected. That means Loisiga will likely work out of the Bombers bullpen in 2019.
While Loasiga still starter aspirations, he should start focusing on being a relief pitcher to make himself more valuable to the Yankees. In 2019, Loasiga finished with a 2-2 record while recording a 4.55 ERA. Out of the 15 games he pitched in, he started four of them.
More from Empire Writes Back
- Caesars New York Promo Code: Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED on ANY Bet!
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- Caesars New York Promo Code Gives TWO Chances to Win Betting on Your Yankees!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Caesars NY Promo: $1,250 Bonus to Celebrate the Return of Judge!
If Loaisiga follows after Chad Green and channels his efforts as a relief pitcher instead of a starter, he has the stuff, including a near 100 mph heater, to be another weapon for Boone. A great bullpen becomes even more dominant. If he can clean up his control and command, Loaisiga has all the potential in the world.
We’ll see how the Yankees decide to use Loaisiga, but don’t be surprised if he makes a name for himself coming out of the pen.
2020 Projection: Opens a handful of games, but finds a niche in the bullpen where Boone uses him as a long reliever.
Who do you think will have a big year for the Yankees, when baseball resumes? Let us know in the comments section below, or on social media.