Outside the box
Like Tauchman, it seemed like players came out of the woodwork and were very productive in 2019. Urshella, Mike Ford, Austin Romine, and Cameron Maybin are a few of the guys no one would have expected to be Bronx Bombers heroes on their march to 103 wins and the AL Championship series. That phenomenon could happen again this year.
More from New York Yankees
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- Caesars New York Promo Code Gives TWO Chances to Win Betting on Your Yankees!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Caesars NY Promo: $1,250 Bonus to Celebrate the Return of Judge!
- Get $500 in Bonus Bets to Back Yankees or Mets With PointsBet New York Promo
Other possible options for the Yankees in the outfield are the ultra-versatile Tyler Wade and the little-known Rosell Herrera. Wade originally came up as an infielder but has learned to play the outfield to try and get more playing time. His bat continues to get better each season, and his speed on the base paths could bring an element the Yankees have been missing for a while.
Meanwhile, Herrera is a 27-year-old outfielder who’s bounced around four other organizations before signing a minor league contract with the Yankees in February. The new guy has been impressive early on in spring training, with a consistent swing and steady glove in the outfield. He could be Cashman’s 2020 diamond in the rough.
Hopefully, good news in on the horizon for Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton, and they won’t miss too much time to start the year. But the Yankees do have options internally to fill the holes until they come back. Who knows, maybe Cashman will have another sneaky good deal up his sleeve for an outfielder.