More from Empire Writes Back
- Caesars New York Promo Code: Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED on ANY Bet!
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- Caesars New York Promo Code Gives TWO Chances to Win Betting on Your Yankees!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Caesars NY Promo: $1,250 Bonus to Celebrate the Return of Judge!
The Jets finished 10-6 in 2006 and were looking to improve upon that record in 2007. However the wheels were coming off as the Jets headed into the bye week with a 1-8 record.
Coming out of the bye week, things didn’t look promising with the Pittsburgh Steelers on the schedule. Kellen Clemens replaced Chad Pennington as the starting quarterback in the previous week, and behind four Mike Nugent field goals topped the Steelers 19-16 in OT.
The Jets actually took the first two out of three after the bye, beating the Dolphins 40-13 in week 13. Any hope for a return to respectability was washed away as they lost the next three games. Pennington returned to replace Clemens in the game against the Patriots in week 15 and started week 16, but he wasn’t able to propel the team to victory. They salvaged the final game of the year by beating the Chiefs 13-10 in OT.
The final record was 4-12 in a lost second year under Eric Mangini, and 3-4 after the bye.