More from Empire Writes Back
- Caesars New York Promo Code: Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED on ANY Bet!
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- Caesars New York Promo Code Gives TWO Chances to Win Betting on Your Yankees!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Caesars NY Promo: $1,250 Bonus to Celebrate the Return of Judge!
For all of the things we said about Josh McCown from the day he was signed, we have to give him credit when he deserves it. And McCown definitely deserves it.
We need a franchise quarterback in New York. Josh McCown is not that guy, we all know that. He’s 38 years old. There will be a young quarterback that takes over eventually. McCown is the bridge quarterback, but he has been bridging the gap quite successfully in 2017.
Come on, we have to give him credit for a 70% completion percentage. The rule of thumb for the quarterback is to be accurate, and 70% is accurate. He has only thrown seven interceptions in nine games, though a couple of them have been bad. Generally speaking, McCown has been efficient and has taken care of the football.
Players like Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Robby Anderson have started to flourish with McCown under center. McCown is getting the job done and been a big part of why the Jets have won five of their first nine.