Lee a budding star
Even though the Islanders had a disappointing season, there was one big bright spot, and that was the development of Anders Lee. As a sixth-round pick by the Islanders in 2009, Lee is developing into a very good player.
In the 2014-15 season, Lee had his breakout year, as he totaled 25 goals and 16 assists. The following season, Lee played well again, as he totaled 36 points, but he scored just 15 goals. While those two seasons were good, Lee took a big step forward this season for the Islanders.
Lee was able to total a career-high 34 goals and 52 total points. On the power play, Lee was extremely good, as he totaled nine goals and five assists. Lee led the team in power play goals, which is impressive considering he plays with John Tavares.
More from Empire Writes Back
- Caesars New York Promo Code: Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED on ANY Bet!
- Last Chance Caesars Promo: Claim $1,250 Bonus for ANY MLB Bet!
- Caesars New York Promo Code Gives TWO Chances to Win Betting on Your Yankees!
- PointsBet New York Promo: FIVE $100 Bonus Bets to Back the Yankees or Mets!
- Caesars NY Promo: $1,250 Bonus to Celebrate the Return of Judge!
One of the unique things about Lee is that he doesn’t need to be set up to score. Lee has become excellent at playing at using his body in front of the net to both screen and score. In addition to being a great scorer, Lee also showed an ability to make some nifty passes while playing around the net. Scoring 30 goals in a season is not an easy thing to do, and the Islanders have to love the development they have seen from Lee.