The Super Bowl is never short on intrigue and speculation going in, but often the game itself falls short of the hype. There is a way to make sure that you remain focused on the game throughout, whether it’s a blowout or a barn-burner. Prop bets.
This game, as all Super Bowls, has a long list of potential prop bets to make the casual fan pay close attention to the subtle nuances of the game, the broadcast and even the coin toss. You can bet on pretty much everything you could think of in reagrds to this game. These are the ten prop bets I found most interesting and my prediction.
- The length of the National Anthem in seconds vs. Peyton Manning first half passing yards: I like the anthem in this one. I think that Seattle will corral Manning in the first half and that an opera singer is going to stretch that anthem out, a lot.
- Does Knowshon Moreno cry during the anthem?: Yes he does. This one is a slam dunk.
- A member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is shirtless during the halftime show: Yup, his name is Flea.
- Eli Manning is shown more or less than 1 1/2 times during the game: Eli will try, and fail, to be hidden from view during the game. I like the over.
- The Player who scores the first touchdown wears a number higher or lower than 79.5: I think a wideout scores the first TD on Sunday, I’ll take the over.
- Peyton says Omaha more or less than 27 1/2 times: It’s America’s new favorite obsession, and Peyton’s favorite word, apparently. I’m thinking the under comes through, but barely.
- Dale Earnhart Jr.’s finishing positon in the Daytona 500 or Russell Wilson’s longest rushing play: This is an unbelievable thing to bet on. I’ve got Wilson breaking off at least one good one. I’ll take Wilson.
- Peyton Manning pass attempts vs John Elway’s pass attempts and TDs from Super Bowl XXXII (34): Peyton will throw it around tomorrow night, a lot. I’ve got Peyton over Elway.
- Alexander Ovechkin’s point total against the Detroit Red Wings vs. Seattle sacks: Call me crazy but I’m taking Ovie.
- What color will the Gatorade (or other liquid) be when it’s dumped on the winning team’s coach?: This one has interesting odds with orange going off as a heavy favorite (5/4). Clear is (11/4), Yellow (15/2), Red(15/4), blue(8/1) and green(8-1). I know the odds are stacked against it, but I’m thinking blue is the dark horse winner here.
I know these are all ridiculous things to wager your hard earned money on, but if you’re looking to spice up the Super Bowl experience, these were my favorites of the non-traditional wagers. Good luck to you all with your big game bets.