For the box score click here.
Ryan Callahan set the tone with a powerplay goal just one and a half minutes into the game. Bad, bad penalties by Stu Bickel and Rick Nash lead to back-to-back powerplay games by the Flyers. It looked like the Rangers would go into the 2nd period down by a goal, but then Cally decided to go all Rick Nash, beat the sliding defenseman, and make Bryzgalov look stupid. It was a sight to see. The 3rd period came around and it was Rick Nash time. Nash scored an early goal in the period to put the Rangers ahead and then gave the Rangers some breathing room with a goal half way through the period.
In a very scary scene, Marc Staal took a puck to the eye and had to leave the game.
Things I Loved:
- Cally has been sensational this year. He set the tone early, had three points, and blocked five shots.
- Nash took over when he had to and showed why he is deserving of the title superstar.
- It is nice to see the team as a whole playing with heart once again. This team is playing the right way.
- How about five shots on goal by Marian Gaborik? He needs to keep being aggressive like that.
- Brian Boyle deserves props for owning the faceoff circle.
What I Didn’t Love:
- Another bad penalty by Stu Bickel and it hurt the Rangers this time. There is no way he is a better option than Ben Ferriero or Brandon Mashinter.
- Losing Marc Staal like that hurts. Best of wishes to him.
- I hate Scott Hartnell.